Babol Noshirvani University of Technology, Babol,IRAN
Date of Birth: September 10, 1982
Place of Birth: Babol, Iran
Mailing Address: School of Civil Engineering,Noshirvani University of Technology,Shariati Ave., Babol,Mazandaran, Iran
Tel: +98 11 32331707 (Office)
Fax: +98 21 32334201
- D.: Water and Environmental Engineering, 2011, Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), Iran.
- Master of Science: Hydraulic and Water Resources Engineering, 2006, Amirkabir University of Technology (Tehran polytechnic), Tehran, Iran.
- Bachelor of Science, Irrigation Engineering, 2004, Mazandaran University, Mazandaran, Iran.
- Awarded 3-years funds as visiting research faculty, Georgia Institute of Technology, From United States Bureau of Reclamation (USBR).
- Job experiences: Environmental adviser in WTD-SHASTA corporation, worked on Operation of Iran south coast desalination plants, Kisk & Gheshm Island, 2004.
- Job experiences: Researcher on project entitled “Flood management in Kajoo river watershed”. Prepared by: Water & Environment Association of Tehran University, 2004-2006.
- Job experiences: Environmental adviser in Behkar-Babol, worked on Municipal public hygiene, 2006-2008
- Research assistant: Developing a term of reference for Iran Port environmental impact assessment projects, Road and Transportation Ministry of Iran, 2006-2008.
- Research assistant: Investigating the contamination level, origin and the weathering degree of oil spill in surface sediment of Caspian Sea. Environmental department of Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), 2007.
- Research assistant: Site Selection for land filling Hazardous Waste, School of civil engineering, Iran University of Since and Technology (IUST) , 2007
- Research assistant: Using practical environmental technique for reduction of environmental adverse impact of oily waste water in southern beach of Caspian Sea, Environmental department of Iran University of Science and Technology (IUST), 2008.
- Research assistant: Investigating characteristics of oil spill in water and surface sediment of Persian Gulf in coastline of khark oil export harbor and Imam port, Tehran University, 2009.
- Visiting researcher: Analysis of surface discharge of negatively buoyant effluent in non-stratified and moving water body, University of Canterbury (UC), 2011.
- Research scholar: Optimization of desalination diffusers using Three-Dimensional Laser-Induced Fluorescence (3DLIF), School of Civil and Environmental Engineering, Georgia Institute of Technology (GaTech), Supervisor: Prof. Philip J.W. Roberts, 2011- 2014.
- Research visit, University of Canterbury (UC), Christchurch, New Zealand, Advisor: Prof. Mark Davidson. 05/03/2011 – 05/05/2011.
- Research visit, Sultan Qaboos University (SQU), Muscat, Oman, collaboration with Dr. Hamdi Al-Barwani and Dr. Anton Purnama, 03/01/2011-15/01/2011.
- Sabbatical leave, Federal University of Paraná (UFPR), Curitiba, Brazil (2010), Research title: Danube River Modeling: Flow and Bed Deformation
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics and Turbulence
- Oceanography and Marine Science
- Costal Environment, Master and local plans
- Marine pollution (Oil and heavy metal pollution, fate and transport)
- Water resource management and Flood control
- Sustainable Desalination Handbook (2017), "Chapter 23. Brine Disposal Management Planning Design and Implementation Gide", In press.
- Optimization of Desalination Diffusers Using Three-Dimensional Laser-Induced Fluorescence, United States Bureau of Reclamation, Agreement Number R11 AC81 535, January, 2014
- Global Trends & Challenges in Water Science, Research and Management, International Water Association, September 2016
- O, Roberts W.P. (2017), “Rosette Diffusers for Dense Effluents in Flowing Currents", J. of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, In press
- O, Roberts W.P. (2017), “Multiport Diffusers for Dense Discharge in Flowing Ambient Water", J. of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)HY.1943-7900.0001279
- O, Roberts W.P. Gandhi. V. (2016), “Rosette Diffusers for Dense Effluents”, J. of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, DOI: 10.1061/(ASCE)HY.1943-7900.0001268.
- F, Abessi. O, Roberts, J.W.P, (2015), “Symmetry reduction of turbulent pipe flows”, J. Fluid Mechanics, 779, 390-410., Cambridge University Press, 10.1017/jfm.2015.423. (Impact Factor: 2.383). In English
- O, Roberts W.P. (2015), “Dense jet discharges in shallow water”, J. of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, ISSN 0733-9429/04015033(13). (Impact Factor: 1.28). In English
- O, Roberts W.P. (2015), “Effect of nozzle orientation on dense jets in stagnant environments”, J. of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, 10.1061/(ASCE), HY.1943-7900.0001032, 06015009.. (Impact Factor: 1.28).
- O, Roberts W.P. (2014), “Multiport Diffusers for Dense Discharges”, J. of Hydraulic Engineering, ASCE, 140 (8), 04014032-1-04014032-12. (Impact Factor: 1.28). In English
- O, Saeedi M, Bleninger. T, Davidson. M. (2012), “Surface discharge of negatively buoyant effluent in unstratified stagnant water”, J. of Hydro-environment Research. Vol 6, 181-193, DOI 10.1016/j.jher.2012.05.004 (Impact Factor: 3.02). In English
- O, Saeedi M, Davidson M., Hajizadeh Zaker. N. (2012), “Flow classification of negatively buoyant surface discharges in an ambient current”, J. of Coastal Research, ISSN: 1551-5036, DOI 10.2112/JCOASTRES-D-10-00131.1, Volume 28, Issue 1A: pp. 148–155 (Impact Factor: 0.5). In English
- Saeedi., A., A. Farahani, Abessi. O, Bleninger. T. (2012), “Laboratory Studies Defining Flow Regimes for Negatively Buoyant Surface Discharges into Crossflow”, J. of Environmental Fluid Mechanics, Vol 12, 439-449, DOI 10.1007/s10652-012-9245-4 (Impact Factor: 1.9). In English
- O, Saeedi. M. (2010), “Hazardous Waste Landfill Siting using GIS Technique and Analytical Hierarchy Process”, J. of Environment Asia, ISSN 1906-1714, 3(2), 69-78 (Impact Factor: 0.312). In English
- Karamouz,M. , O, Moridi. M, Ahmadi. A. (2009), "Development of Optimization Schemes for Floodplain Management; A Case Study", J. of Water Resour Manage, 23:1743–1761. DOI 10.1007/s11269-008-9350-9, ISSN: 1573-1650 (Impact Factor: 2.46). In English
- M, Abessi. O, Sharifi.F and Merajee, H. (2009), "Development of groundwater quality index", journal of Environ Monit Assess, 163: 327-335, Springer, ISSN: 1573-295, DOI 10.1007/s10661-009-0837-5 (Impact Factor: 1.59). In English
- O, Saeedi. M. (2009), “Site Selection of a Hazardous Waste Landfill Using GIS Technique and Priority Processing, a Power Plant Waste in Qazvin Province Case Example”, J. of environmental science, ISSN: 1735-1324, Vol. 6. No. 4, pp: 121-134. In English
- M, Abessi. O, Aliabadi Farahani, A, “Prediction of flow pattern in surface discharge of negatively buoyant wastes comparing the Results from CORMIX Model” J.Env. Sci. Tech., Vol 18, Special No.2, Autumn 2016, ISSN: 1563-4809. In Persian
- H. Zaker , I. Rahmani , M. Moghaddam , R. Shadi, Abessi. O. (2012), “Concentrations and Sources of Petroleum Hydrocarbons in the Sediments of Anzali Port in the Caspian Sea, Iran”, J. of Environmental studies, ISSN: 1025-8620, Volume: 37, Issue: 4, pp: 99-106. In Persian with extended abstract in English
- O, Saeedi. M, Zaker N.H. (2012), “Flow Characterization Dilution in Surface Discharge of Negatively Buoyant Flow in Stagnant and Non-Stratified Water Bodies”, J. of water and waste water, ISSN: 1024-5936, 80, pp: 71-90. In Persian
- O, Saeedi. M, Zaker N.H. (2012), “Waste Field Characteristics, Ultimate Mixing and Dilution in Surface Discharge of Dense Jets into Stagnant Water Bodies”, J. of water and waste water, ISSN: 1024-5936, 81, pp:2-16. In Persian
- O, Saeedi. M, Zaker N.H. (2011), “Prediction of flow regimes in surface discharge of negative buoyant effluents in to non stagnated ambient water”, J. of Oceanography, Vol. 1, No 4, pp 32:45 . In Persian
- M, Abessi. O, Jamshidi. A. (2010), “Assessment of hydrocarbons and heavy metals contamination of surface sediments of southern Caspian using developed indices” J. of Environmental studies, ISSN: 1025-8620, Volume: 36, Issue: 1, pp: 21-38. In Persian with extended abstract in English
- O, Saeedi. M. (2010), “The Origin of Oil Hydrocarbons in Southern Coastal Sediments of the Caspian Sea in vicinity of Gholestan and Mazandran province”, J. of Environmental studies, ISSN: 1025-8620, Volume: 36, Issue: 3, pp: 43-58. In Persian with extended abstract in English
- O, Saeedi. M. (2010), “Evaluation of Hydrocarbons pollution, biodegradation and weathering degree in surface sediments of the Caspian Sea along the coasts of Golestan and Mazandran provinces”, J. of environmental science, ISSN: 1735-1324, Vol 8, No.1, pp: 151-174. In Persian
- M, Jamshidi, A, Abessi. O, Bayat, J. (2009), "Removal of Dissolved Cadmium by Adsorption onto Walnut and Almond Shell Charcoal; comparison with Granular Activated Carbon (GAC)", J. of water and waste water, ISSN: 1024-5936, No. 2, pp: 16-22. In Persian
- Saeedi M., O, Sarpak, M. (2009), “Site Selection for land filling Hazardous Waste Using GIS Technique, Priority Processing and Analytical Hierarchy Process, (Case study: Shahid Rajaee Power Plant)”, J. of Environmental Science and Technology., No 40 Special issue. In Persian
- O, Saeedi. M. (2009), “Groundwater Quality Index Development for Qazvin Province”, J. of environmental science, ISSN: 1735-1324, Vol.8, No. 3, pp: 117-128. In Persian
- O, Saeedi. M, Kheirkhah. H. (2009), “Environmental inverse impacts of desalination plants in costal areas”, J. of water and environment, ISSN: 1028-3056., No: 76, pp.35-43. In Persian
- O, Saeedi. M. (2009), “Site selection of desalination plants in order to mitigate environmental inverse impacts” J. of Mirab, ISSN: 124-5339, No. 12, pp. 10-14. In Persian
- O, Saeedi.M and Zaker N.H. (2009), “Waste water discharge in to the seas”, journal of water and environment, ISSN: 1028-3056, No. 73, pp: 34-41. In Persian
- O, Saeedi. M (2009) “Environmental impact of coastal desalination plants and control way of the inverse impacts” J. of Mirab, No. 16, pp: 14-18. In Persian
- Abessi, O, Mohammadreazapour. (2005), “Flood management based on reservoir flood control”, Journal of Semnan University, V 12, pp: 34-35. In Persian
MEMBERSHIP IN PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES
- IAHR/IWA Joint Committee on Marine Outfall Systems
- American Society of Civil Engineering (ASCE)
- The American Association for Science and Technology (AASCIT)
- International Association for Hydro-Environment Engineering and Research (IAHR)
- Iranian Water Resources Association
- Iranian Environmental Engineer Association
- system Engineering
- waste water disposal and Marine pollution
- Experimental Fluid Mechanics
- Environmental hydraulics
- Fluid Mechanics
- Hydraulics, Ecology
- Environmental engineering